Monday, March 18, 2019

Meme Monday! Story behind the meme


I love this picture. I want to be a babushka-wearing, cat-holding Baba (grandma) who don't take no shit from nobody when I get older.

I can just imagine that this is a photo that one of her grandkids took of her:

"Baba, look at this phone; it can take pictures!"

"What do you need that shit for?"

"So I can take pictures. Can I take one of you?"

"I already know what I look like."

"Please let me take a picture of you."

"For what?"

"So I can have a picture of you."

"Get that camera out of my face."

"I just want to take a picture of you."

"You can take a picture of me when I'm dead."

"Please?"

"Fuck you."

"I love you too, Baba."

Camera clicks.

_______________________________________


I miss my own Baba (really, she was my great-grandmother). Whenever one of us would ask about the journey from Croatia to America, she would always answer, "Why do you want to know that for?" Oh, I don't know, maybe it's important for family history.

So this one's for you, Baba. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment