Thursday, March 21, 2019

Thoughtful Thursday! Wanting to be a part of a community

Writers, by nature, work in isolation. And I do. But I do want to be a part of a community. 

Right now, I'm still figuring out where I belong. I post daily on my blog (obviously) and Twitter. I've tried Imgur, but it doesn't work well for stories. Yeah, who would have thought an image sharing place isn't conducive for writing? However, I recently went back to Reddit but just for the writing subreddits. The community so far seems supportive. 

But no matter where I go, I always feel like I'm on the outskirts. I thought having my writing on the internet would be the scariest thing. But it's not. No one cares. I braced myself for negative comments. But I've barely gotten anything. Mostly people just ignore my writing. 

This isn't a "woe is me" thing. It's just something I wasn't expecting. I realize that I rather get negative feedback than just being ignored, passed over. If someone has something to say about my writing, good or bad, then well, at least they read it! At least it made some sort of impression on them! But I don't get anything, so it makes me feel like I'm shouting in the void. Not even an echo. 

I love writing, but I also love people reading what I wrote! If I just wanted to write and not have anyone read it, then I wouldn't post it online.

No comments:

Post a Comment