Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Tweet Tuesday! Puzzle piece story

These tweets are a part of the same story. I had an idea to tell a story a little bit of a time like pieces of a puzzle. Except this puzzle is all jumbled up and there is no picture on the box. We'll see how it goes.



Tears were streaming down my face. "It's too late, " I realized. The crowds cheered as the army stomped into the city as if in a parade. "Our country ends not in cries of sadness but those of joy."

__________________________________

Who is he? I studied him as he stood facing the window. He appeared as a shadow in the midst of the blood red sunset looming outside.

Some say a mad man. Others say a hero.

Which is the truth? 

He turned, noticed me staring, and smiled.

“Ready?”

I nodded and took his arm.
____________________________________

"He's not who you think he is," the man whispered to me. "He has done terrible things."

The words pricked my skin.

"He has helped so many people in poverty," I rebutted.

The old man poignantly held my gaze with his watery pale blue eyes.

"Which people?"

No comments:

Post a Comment