Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Writing Prompt Wednesday! Putting myself in a picture

A picture is worth a thousand words, right? Well, I'm not writing that much.

I always wanted to write an adventure story but I never know how to begin. How do I create an entire world? Maybe I’ll just try putting myself in a picture and see where that takes me.



The smell hit me first. The sulfur filled my lungs and stung my nostrils. As I struggled to breathe, I looked out in awe. 

The land was completely transformed by rivers of fire. The lava snaked around rocks and barren ground, consuming everything in its path. In the distance, an enormous ball of flames erupted out of a mountain. Smoke billowed and stretched out into the sky, overtaking the sun.

The intense heat brought me back to where I was. Looking near me, I spotted another lava snake slithering close. I quickly took a step back.

"Where are we?" I asked my companion.

He grimaced as he too took in the fiery sight.

"Well, we made it," he proclaimed at last. "Welcome to Hell."

No comments:

Post a Comment